Friday, April 30, 2010

And they all lived...


And the final piece.

Thanks to Jeff (and here!) for helping me balance out the background (as well as some of the foreground colors) in this piece to help the characters pop. And a special thanks to Mark for giving me some morale boost. I was informed that sometimes, I'm too hard on myself when it comes to my artwork. I can't disagree with that, but I don't know how to change it either, really.

Anyway, here is the final. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and I think a lot of it has to do with the revisions I made on Snow White and the dwarves. I completely redrew the character to make her a little more appealing all around.

It's interesting, too, but Jeff pointed out a plethora of styles working in this piece. I can't fault him for that, because J. Scott Campbell, Doug Tennapel, and Joe Mad all had a hand in this whether they knew it or not. Onto the next piece!

No comments: