Monday, May 4, 2009

What did you DO, Ray?!


There is nothing more depressing to an artist than spending a week and a half trying to find your muse. Every time I sat down to draw, or color, or even surmise a concept for a drawing...I fell flat. Nothing wanted to connect, and my brain and hand weren't communicating. It's the worst 2 weeks, artistically, that I've experienced in a long, long time. Never the less, when you do find that ghost...you bust it. And what better time to do that than 4am...?

So I started out today just wanting to draw a car, not really expecting to take this to the level it went. And then it went there. I'm really happy with how it turned out, though. Could use a tweak here and there. But for the most part, I think this picture has a lot of spirit- AY OH!

Don't cross the streams...

No comments: