Saturday, May 23, 2009

But Doc...what if we don't succeed...?


Well, after another dry run for about a week...I finally managed to produce something new. I did the pencils yesterday and took it to color tonight. And yeah, that dirty, half-done scribble at the bottom is definitely the finished pencils. Everything past that was done in the kumpruter. I originally planned on having the Delorean hovering above a field with those flags dangling from it, like in the last scene of Back to the Future II. But this is where it went, instead. I like it better, cause it definitely has a more foreboding feel to it, which is what I wanted to try and capture from the second film. Thanks Jeff, for the ideas on taking it this direction.

This is a work in progress since I haven't completely decided what I want to do with certain elements of the palette. I'm really trying to get that Delorean to pop a little more. I think it's 95% there, and since I've been staring at it for the past 4 or 5 hours I'm just not able to see what I need to do. Probably just need to walk away from it.

Or I'll just draw at 88mph and fix problems I haven't had yet. Sleepy time.

No comments: