Monday, September 22, 2008

Do Not Stare At My Jest.


I've been practicing a lot with female figure drawing recently, as can be seen in the post below. A friend of mine at work introduced me to Chris Sanders' art (Director of Lilo and Stitch) and I got really inspired to try my hand at it.

I've discovered that the combination of curves and a really interesting pose can be nearly addicting to draw. I have a bunch of sketches that weren't very good and, thusly, were trashed. But because of the versatility that the female figure can sometimes have over the male figure, a certain charge accompanies the art. I've in no way mastered or even come close with this stuff, but it's really fun to just lay out new poses and challenge myself with perspective in anatomy and foreshortening.

And now...Harley Quinn.

1 comment:

Derik Diaz said...

Your females are getting sooo much better all the time. This drawing and the one below show some of the best females I've seen you draw. Nice stuff!