Monday, August 31, 2009

Bird is the Word.


Well, this is the first (still unfinished) page of a 10 page anthology piece I'm currently working on. The theme of the anthology is "Break." The entire premise is that these two super heroes - Eagle Eye and Bill - were on their way to save the city when their car broke down due to an electromagnetic pulse. Humor ensues.

There's not a lot of action involved in the comic. It's more of a character piece that has fun with the dynamics of their relationship. The banter you see on this first page sets a pretty accurate tone for the other 9 pages.

It's also been a long, long time since I've done any comic work at all. I just don't dive into it as readily as, say, illustrations. But I thought this sounded like a fun challenge to tackle. And it's given me an opportunity to really explore my spot-blacks (something I never really do, as I color or tone almost all of my work), as well as my overall balance and composition when it comes to sequential story-telling.

I have 3 other pages done...but I wanna save them all for one big reveal. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this, and I can't wait to see the nest! Exclamations and points aside, with comic [yes pun] material like this I'm going to go on a limb [yes pun] and say you're good at this and should keep it up beyond the anthology.