Friday, February 6, 2009

The Fridge Door!


Ok, so this illustration may not make a whole lot of sense unless you click here.

It's the first illustration to be posted on Fridge Door. Basically, a phrase, word, question, etc is posed every month and different artists have the opportunity to approach it from whatever angle they choose. This month's title was "What is frumberlockle?" And there we have it!

This piece served a two-fold purpose. The first fold, of course, was to hit the ground running with this new art-blog that we've got going here. The second purpose came after spending most of yesterday really diving into other artists' work and realizing that it was time to expand the palette a little bit. Though I understand the execution of painting, it's not something that I approach very often. However, since the child inside me (the same one who still draws cartoons and has a shelf full of Looney Tunes and Transformer toys) never fully died off, I submitted to the attitude of "anything you can do, I can do." Maybe not always better, but I can get there with practice I think. That's my story and I'm sticking to it like, HEY, a picture on a fridge door!

Just for posterity sake, I printed this image out and put it on my actual refrigerator door.

2 comments:

C. Flanigan said...

This has a really different feel than your other stuff, more mature somehow (stylistically, not content-wise...) I like it a lot!

Ryan Lee said...

Hey Brett, sorry it took me so long to get back you. Glad to see your doing well. Your stuff is looking really kick ass. Keep up the rapid-fire posting of artwork.